I manage to peek into HEYTEA’s barista when they was preparing the salt cheese layer! Here is the Best Cheese Tea Recipe for you!
Cheese tea is now the latest food trend, emerging from China, the craze for Cheese Tea is just crazy. Coming back to Malaysia, there is a few other Cheese Tea seller who also entered the market here, namely – Regius Tea , Chizu Drink Japanese Cheese Tea and Royaltea(皇茶). Having my previous experience with HEYTEA at Guangzhou and Chizu Drink at Sunway Pyramid. With HEYTEA (喜茶) being the crown of Cheese Tea in China, I’ve decided to do a little experiment of mine in attempt to imitate their Cheese Tea. (I just REVISED the cheese tea recipe here!)
| Yield 8 Cups | Difficulty Easy | Prep. Time 30 Min | Cooking Time Nil | Total Time 30 Min |
Ingredients – Cheese
250ml UHT Whip Cream
30g Cream Cheese
30g Cream Cheese Powder
100ml Fresh Milk (Full Cream)
a pinch of salt
Ingredients – Tea
tea of your choice (green tea, matcha, earl grey, jasmine, oolong, etc)
sugar to taste
Preparation – Tea
- Brew your tea of choice with 400ml of hot water.
- Let it chill and keep it refrigerator.
Preparation – Cheese
- Have all the Cheese ingredient well measured.
- Make sure all the cheese and dairy are chilled
- Prepare a clean and dry round whisking bowl.
- Add the Cream Cheese, Cream Cheese powder and milk into the bowl and beat.
- Make sure to dissolve all the cheese properly.
- Then add UHT Whip Cream, sugar and salt and beat on low speed.
- Beat until all the sugar and salt have dissolved.
- Then check consistency and beat to medium peak.
- Covered with cling wrap and keep chilled.
- Prepare a clean 600ml cup.
- Pour the chilled tea into the cup.
- Then gently scoop sufficient amount of Cheese on top of the tea.
- Lastly, dust some matcha powder over the cheese.
- The reason why I’ve changed the sequence than what you watched in the video is I found out that the cheese is difficult to be dissolved if I have the cheese add in after beating the UHT whip cream.
- Whip Cream are usually only beaten to peak consistency if it is for cake decorations.
- If you uses full peak whip cream, the taste would be greasy instead of creamy.
I am sorry that this post was not helpful for you!
Help me improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?