The Best Sichuan Chicken Dish, A Must Whenever I Visit a Sichuan Restaurant!
La Zi Ji is a must have whenever you dine in at Sichuan Cuisine restaurant! The combinations of spices give this dish amazing complexity, especially the Sichuan peppercorn which makes this Hot Pepper Chicken so so so wholesome!
| Serve 3 | Difficulty Medium | Prep. Time 15 Min | Cooking Time 30 Min | Total Time 45 Min |
Ingredients – to marinate chicken
Half a chicken
1 tbsp of soy sauce
1 tsp of all spice powder
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of white pepper powder
1 tbsp of cooking oil
Steps to marinate chicken
- Clean the chopped chicken and pat dry with paper towel.
- Put chicken into mixing bowl and add all the ingredients in.
- Using your hand, mix well and set aside.
Ingredients – to cook
100g of Ginger
1 head of Garlic
200g of Scallion
1 head of Red Onion
2 tbsp of Sichuan Peppercorn
2 pcs of Bay Leaf
2 pcs of Star Anise
1 tsp of Fennel Seeds
1 handful of Dried Chili (add more if you like)
2 tbsp of Chili Dou Ban Sauce (Spicy Broad Bean Sauce)
1 tsp of salt
10 tbsp of Cooking oil
- Clean ginger and thinly slice.
- Peel garlic and crush.
- Cut scallion into bite size.
- Cut dried chili into half.
- Prepare the rest of the ingredients accordingly.
To cook chicken
- Preheat pan with cooking oil. Then individually fry all the dry spices and strain aside.
- With the oil still in the cooking pan/wok, switch to medium heat and add marinated chicken in to sear. Sear to crips edges.
- Move the chicken to one side of the cooking pan/wok and add sliced ginger and crushed garlic.
- Thoroughly pan fry ginger and garlic to aromatic fragrance.
- Then move fried ginger and garlic to another corner of the cooking pan/wok.
- Add Chili Dou Ban Sauce to the oil area and thoroughly fry it.
- Mix ginger, garlic and seared chicken together and thoroughly stir fry.
- Add all the other ingredients and stir fry with high heat until dry.
- Remove from heat and serve.
I am sorry that this post was not helpful for you!
Help me improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?