Pockmarked Grandma’s Beancurd, Grandma Recipe?
Mapo doufu or Mapo tofu (麻婆豆腐) is a popular Chinese dish from Sichuan provience (Also known as Szechuan). Mapo tofu literally translated as “pockmarked grandma’s beancurd”. A variety version of Mapo tofu can be found across the internet. However the core ingredients remain the same – Sichuan peppercorn, chili douban sauce and douchi. A Sichuan dish that delivers to you each mouthful of excitement, making you asking for more!
| Serve 2 | Difficulty Medium | Prep. Time 15 Min | Cooking Time 30 Min | Total Time 45 Min |
2 blocks of soft Tofu
100g of minced meat
30g of chopped garlic
2 tbsp of Chili Douban Sauce
1 tsp of Sichuan peppercorn
1 tsp of douchi
300ml of water
2 tbsp of cooking oil
2 tsp of corn flour
Scallion to garnish (optional)
- Peel garlic and chopped finely.
- Cut tofu into block of 1 inches X 1 inches.
- Measure all the ingredients as stated above.
- Preheat pan or wok with 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Add in chopped garlic, chili douban sauce, douchi and Sichuan peppercorn.
- Roughly stir fry on medium heat to mix the condiments together.
- Add minced meat and stir fry to aromatic fragrance on medium heat.
- Pour in 300ml of water.
- Gently add soft tofu in.
- Bring to a boil and reduce for about 5 minutes.
- Prepare 2 tsp of corn flour with 50ml of water.
- Mix the corn flour into the gravy as necessary. Check the thickness of the gravy, you do not want a too thick gravy.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving plate or bowl.
- Sprinkle chopped scallion on top and serve.
I am sorry that this post was not helpful for you!
Help me improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?