Crunchy Potatoes Without Deep Frying, How?
| Serve 3 | Difficulty Easy | Prep. Time 45 Min | Cooking Time 20 Min | Total Time 65 Min |
1 handful of dried chili
1 tbs of soy sauce
1 tbs of black vinegar (I used Zhe Jiang Vinegar)
1 tsp of salt
- Wash and peel potatoes
- Cut potatoes into julienne strips
- Prepare a bowl of clean water.
- Soak julienne potatoes into water for at least 1 hour or over night.
- Wash dried chili under tap water to remove dust.
- Strain julienne potatoes and leave aside.
- Bring 1 liters of water to boil.
- Blanch julienne potatoes for about 3 minutes.
- Strain the cooked julienne potatoes and put aside.
- Pre-heat pan with cooking oil.
- Add in dried chili and toss it for aromatic.
- Add julienne potatoes into the pan.
- Add in soy sauce, black vinegar and salt to season.
- Stir fry over high heat while mixing all the seasoning well.
- Remove potatoes to a plate and serve.
- The purpose of soaking potatoes in water is to remove the starch from the potatoes’ fiber. The longer the potatoes are soak, the more starch are remove. Hence the more starch are removed, the crunchier they are.
I am sorry that this post was not helpful for you!
Help me improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?