Due to the ongoing Brown Sugar Boba Pearls trends, I though of why don’t I make my own Boba Pearls at home rather than spending so much for a cup of Brown Sugar Boba Pearls drinks? Boba pearls drinks has become easily available everywhere. From night markets to shop-lots to shopping malls. Brown Sugar Boba Pearls is the improve version of the original boba pearls, read on to learn how to make boba pearls at home!
Boba rose to fame in Taiwan – Here is what happened
In Chinese, the word “波巴” pronounced as boba, is a combination of bubble and big which is a Taiwanese sland for “big breasts” or “buxom lady”.
It all started from one small tea shop owner in an attemtp to make his tea stall stands out than the rest, so he made his tapioca pearls double in size to as what we enjoyed, now everywhere, naming his pearls boba. Out of the blue, this become a common term used to desribe the drink, hence, Boba Pearls Milk Tea was created.
Homemade Boba Pearls VS Commercial Boba Pearls
The commercially produce boba pearls for chain businesses contain a lots of additives, to name a few;
- Sulfuric Acid – a blenching agent and helps in speeding up the process of making flour.
- Aluminium Sulfate – to increase the viscosity of the flour.
- Sulfur Dioxide – to separate the starch from unwanted substances and also regulate the microbial and enzymatic reactions.
- Chlorine – to disinfect the flour for a purer form of flour as well as bleaching properties.
Why add additives to boba pearls?
- Be able to have a long shelf-life
- Keep in room temperature enviroment
- Stable, quick and easy to be use
- Lower the risk of food contamination
Whereas Homemade Boba Pearls Recipe are made with just a few simple ingredients
They are sugar and tapioca starch. Yes, only these two. Imagine a lot lesser addictive (which also means toxic) into your body. The only single reason and also the valid reason that everyone should make their own Boba Pearls at home!
Now it comes the era of Boba Pearl Milk drink after the Cheese Tea craze in China. Boba simply stands for the pearls that are made with dark brown sugar and what makes it differ than the regular pearls is that they are much chewier and the sweetness kicks from the dark brown sugar make them really addictive! And guys, here is how you can make your own boba pearls at home! Super super easy!
There is also Colorful Boba Pearls made of Fruits!
资源 ： 维基百科
How to make Boba Pearls Recipe from Scratch!
Raw Boba Pearls Dough
- 1 杯 水 (hot)
- 1 杯 Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 & 1/2 杯 木薯粉
To Braise Boba Pearls
- 4 杯 水 (hot)
- 1 & 1/2 杯 Dark Brown Sugar
Make Raw Boba Pearls
- The dough would be quite warm but still workable with your hands.
- Knead the dough as you fold it those tiny bits. Knead until the dough is smooth.
- 取一块面团，卷成直径 1厘米的面团。
- 然后切成 1厘米的长度。
- Roll them between your palms into round shape and you have raw boba pearls.
- 重复步骤 (11) 到步骤 (14)，直到所有的面团块都完成。
- 将一锅 4升水烧开。
- 小火煮 15 minutes.
- In a pot, add boiling water and dark brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil and stir occasionally to prevent bottom from sticking and burn.
- Once its reached a full boil, reduce to a simmer and simmer for 20 分钟.
- Then remove from heat and let it chill for 15 minutes.
I am sorry that this post was not helpful for you!
Help me improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?