Fried Chicken is one of the best all-time favorite food throughout the world. Whenever I go to the night market, one of the usual food that I would get is a fried chicken, here I will be sharing with you – how to make a fried chicken recipe similar to the famous Taiwanese Hot Star Fried Chicken!
Taiwanese Fried Chicken, What’s the Differences?
Taiwanese Fried Chicken is different than the regular fried chicken that they come in crunchy huge flat pieces of chicken seasoned with their blend of spices. One of the ingredients that make the crunchy coating unique is tapioca flour (also the same ingredient to make boba pearls) as you can see with your naked eyes that the appearance of the outer layer is different than the regular fried chicken. Using tapioca flour simply makes the coating thicker and, everyone loves that layer of crispy flour, isn’t it?
Huge piece of Taiwanese XXL Fried Chicken that everyone loves is actually pretty simple and you too can make it at home! During my stay at Taipei, I spend many nights visiting their night market, literally everywhere, and I would observe how they operate their fried chicken stall, remembering all the steps, and now I am sharing them with you below!
资源 ： 维基百科
Fried Chicken Recipe Taiwanese XXL Hot Star Fried Chicken
- 1 件 Chicken Breast
- 1 茶匙 盐
- 1/2 茶匙 糖
- 1 茶匙 Five Spice Powder
- to absorb 水 (add 1 tbsp at a time)
- 2 nos Egg
- 1 杯 木薯粉
- 1 杯 Potato Flour
- 1 茶匙 盐
- 1 汤匙 Garlic Powder
- 1 茶匙 Paprika Powder
- 1 茶匙 Chili Powder
- Cut chicken breast into a butterfly. Use a meat mallet to flatten the chicken. OR use the spine of the knife and gently break the meat fiber then use a rolling pin to flatten it.
- Dissolve 1 tbsp of water with sugar, salt, and five spice powder.
- Add chicken breast into the marinade.
- Once the water is absorbed, add 1 tbsp of water and gently massage it for the water to be absorbed. Repeat until it begins to slime. Stop adding water. Marinate for 30minutes or more.
- Preheat frying oil to high heat (150 – 160 °C ), gently place coated chicken breast into the hot oil. Deep fry for 6 – 8 minutes while occasionally moving it and turning it over.
I am sorry that this post was not helpful for you!
Help me improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?