Is Lettuce Wraps a new thing?
Author have a say…
I’ve come across this lettuce wrap recipe when I was at Guangzhou and totally fallen in love with it! The freshness of the lettuce sort of offset the overwhelming flavors of the stir fry diced pork & green beans, making them one of the best appetizers you could make to awe your friends!
Source : Wiki
Lettuce Wraps Recipe with Diced Meat and Green Beans
- 1 head Lettuce (can be Iceberg, Romaine, etc)
- 100 g Garlic
- 300 g Pork Belly (option chicken or beef)
- 200 g Green Beans
- 100 g Green Capsicum
- 100 g Red Capsicum
- 100 g Carrot
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Allspice
- 2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
This is a free content
I have to run Ads
- Clean lettuce with water and gently open the leaf as whole pieces and set aside.
- Peel garlic and finely chop.
- Remove pork belly skin and diced pork belly into uniform cube pieces.
- For green beans, red & green capsicum and carrot, clean and diced them into uniform cube pieces.
- Prepare the other ingredient accordingly.
- Bring approximately 1 liter of water to boil with a tbsp of salt.
- Blanch green beans, red & green capsicum and carrot for 30 seconds. Strain and set aside.
- Preheat pan/wok with cooking oil.
- Add diced pork belly in and shallow fry to golden.
- Add chopped garlic and fry garlic to golden alongside diced pork belly.
- Add blanched green beans, red & green capsicum and carrot in. Thoroughly stir fry.
- Season with salt, soy sauce, allspice, and oyster sauce.
- Stir fry over high heat for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and serve.
*These Nutritional Values have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration
Think I did a great job? Here is how you can support me…
I am sorry that this post was not helpful for you!
Help me improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?