Salad Prawn is one of our local Malaysian favorites, deep-fried prawn served with slightly sourish mayonnaise sauce is as appetizing as it sounds. The layers of the fried prawn’s batter are fragrance and go really well with the mayonnaise sauce. I reinvent the usual salad prawn recipe and made it red with fresh vibrant fruits. My Salad Prawn recipe is sure to amaze you!
Make Salad Prawn at home, but red colored?
Author have a say…
Malaysian Salad Prawn is one of the most common dishes especially when we are having dim sum. It is not one of the delicate dim sum dishes but it is more of a comfort food dim sum dish. I have slightly twisted this dish, so there is more western style into it – more tangy, zesty, and more interesting! Check it out how I made it red!
Source : Facebook
Salad Prawn Recipe with Red Dragon Fruit
- 300 g Shrimp
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Rice Flour
- 1/2 tbsp Potato Flour
- 1/4 pcs Dragon Fruit (red)
- 2 pcs Tangerine
- 1 pcs Iceburg Lettuce
- 1 stalk Coriander
Mayo Salad Sauce
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1/2 pcs Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Honey
This is a free content
I have to run Ads
- Peel shrimp and marinate with sugar and salt for 30 minutes. After marinating, add egg white and mix. Then add in rice flour and potato flour and mix well. Preheat frying oil to medium heat and deep fry shrimp for 3 minutes.
- Cut red dragon fruit into cubes.
- Peel tangerine and gently separate the tangerine’s flesh into individual pieces.
- Peel 1 pieces of Iceberg lettuce, wash and rinse. Cut the excessive parts of the lettuce to form a round bowl shape.
- Make sure the coriander is dry. Gently fold the coriander leaves and slice only the leaves part thinly.
- With a mixing bowl, add mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, and honey. Mix until salt dissolve.
- With the same mixing bowl of Mayo Salad Sauce, add fried shrimp, red dragon fruit cubes, tangerine flesh, and a pinch of sliced coriander, use a spoon/spatula and mix them well.
- Place iceberg lettuce on a bowl or plate and then transfer Red Mayo Salad Prawn into the lettuce.
- If you like it zesty and sourish, squeeze the remaining lemon juice in and serve.
- Always slice fresh herbs on a dry chopping board and with a sharp knife. Otherwise, they will lose their fragrance juice on the chopping board.
- The red pigmentation from Red Dragon Fruit that gives the red coloration to the mayo sauce.
*These Nutritional Values have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration
Think I did a great job? Here is how you can support me…
I am sorry that this post was not helpful for you!
Help me improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?