Simplifying The Traditional Chinese Casserole Chicken
I had this Chinese Casserole Chicken a lot when I was being a consultant back then in Guangzhou, China. Pieces of chicken that are seared to crispy edges, flavorful, with a light flavor of spices keep me looking for more. However, after I had left Guangzhou I never had the chance to have anything similar in Malaysia.
So I thought, let’s make one myself, without using a casserole, since a pan is definitely a lot more convenient than using a casserole at home.
p/s : I can’t take very spicy food, so I replace the chili peppers with capsicum instead.
Author have a say…
This recipe is usually cooked with a casserole. Traditionally, in China, it is called Casserole Chicken 砂锅鸡. But not everyone has the luxury of getting-everything-you-want in their kitchen, so I have slightly simplified the recipe and make it possible with a pan or a wok, so everyone can cook it at home!
Easy Chicken Casserole (With A Pan Recipe)
- 600 g Chicken (chopped)
- 1 pcs Green Capsicum
- 1 pcs Red Capsicum
- 2 pcs Tomato
- 2 pcs Onion
- 1/2 pcs Broccoli
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Spice Bake Mix
- 1/2 ts Salt
This is a free content
I have to run Ads
- Clean and chop chicken into bite-size.
- Season chicken with salt and let it marinate as you prepare the vegetables.
- Cut the other vegetables into bite-size.
- Bring 500ml water to boil.
- Blanch capsicum and broccoli separately. Strain and put them aside.
- Preheat a pan with cooking oil, sear chicken to crisps.
- Remove chicken from pan and put aside.
- Over high heat, add in onion and roughly stir fry.
- Add in tomatoes and then pour in soy sauce around the pan for aromatic.
- Add fried chicken into the pan and roughly stir the mixture.
- Add in broccoli and capsicum.
- Add in spice bake mix evenly around the mixture.
- Over high heat, keep stirring with your spatula and make sure the bottom is not burned.
- Stir-fry until dry and serve.
TipsStir-frying is a fast pace cooking technique, it is necessary to make sure all the food are well cooked.
Hence some ingredient would require a step to ensure the final product are all well cooked.
*These Nutritional Values have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration
Think I did a great job? Here is how you can support me…
I am sorry that this post was not helpful for you!
Help me improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?