Roasting Chicken, the English Way, Well Sort of…
Author have a say…
I was looking for inspiration on what recipe to create, and I was sitting at my dining area, it just struck upon me the oven that my mother brought long ago and left unused. I recalled this simple roasted chicken recipe and I believe this Roasted Chicken Leg recipe will spice up your next meal!
Source : jamieoliver.com
Roasted Chicken Leg Recipe
- 300 g Boneless Chicken Leg (chicken breast as option)
- 1 pcs Onion
- 2 pcs Tomatoes
- 100 g Sweet Beans
- 1 tsp Cajun (1 tsp per pound of meat)
- to taste Salt
- Olive Oil (as needed)
- Black Pepper (as needed)
- 1 tbsp Yellow Mustard
This is a free content
I have to run Ads
- Clean and season chicken with salt and cajun seasoning.
- Cut White Onion and Tomato into oblique.
- Cut green beans into about 1 inch in length then keep aside.
- Preheat oven to 230 degrees Celsius.
- With a baking tray, add white onions, red tomatoes, green beans, olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
Roasting Boneless Chicken Leg
- Roast mix vegetables for 15 minutes at 230 degrees Celsius.
- Then place the marinated boneless chicken leg over the roasted vegetables.
- Roast for another 30 minutes. (Butterfly chicken breast will take about 11 minutes.
- Meanwhile, poach the sweet beans for 30 – 45 seconds with some salt.
- Soak sweet beans in a cold bath to stop the cooking process. Strain and peel both ends.
- Once the chicken is done remove and set aside.
- Reduce the gravy in the roasting tray with a tablespoon of yellow mustard.
- Season with salt as necessary.
- Remove gravy from heat and set aside.
- Carefully place a generous amount of roasted vegetables on a clean plate.
- Place the roasted chicken slanted over the roasted vegetable.
- Pour a spoonful or two of the gravy on the roasted chicken.
- Garnish with peeled sweet beans.
- Meats marinated using salt does have a very low water absorption properties similar to the brining process.
- An alternative method of keeping the meat dry is to use fats. Types of fats to be used depends on the type of meat and important, the result that you yearn.
- However, I use water because I prefer to keep it as low fat as possible, hence I make use of the absorption properties causes by the salt.
*These Nutritional Values have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration
Think I did a great job? Here is how you can support me…
I am sorry that this post was not helpful for you!
Help me improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?