Sichuan Fish-Flavored Sauce
Dishes that Use Yu Xiang Sauce
Yu Xiang literally translated as fish-flavored, a famous sauce originated from Sichuan, China. Despite this sauce actually have no seafood or any fish ingredients. It was said that one family used to cook this sauce with freshwater fish on a regular basis. One day, there was no fish in the kitchen amidst the wife was rushing to cook for the husband. And so she took the leftover sauce and cooked it with meats. Immediately her family loves it and eventually, the story spread among the neighborhood and hence got its name, Yu Xiang – Fish flavored.
资源 ： 维基百科
Sichuan Yu Xiang Sauce Recipe
- 130 克 Chili Douban Sauce
- 50 克 大蒜 (chopped)
- 50 克 姜 (chopped)
- 80 克 Pickled Chili Pepper
- 6 汤匙 Black Vinegar (semi-sweetened)
- 5 汤匙 糖
- 8 汤匙 食用油
- 200 ml 水
- Peel and clean garlic and ginger. Then chopped or blend them.
- Chop pickled chili into fine pieces or blend.
- Prepare the other ingredients.
- Preheat a pan with cooking oil.
- Switch to low heat and add chopped ginger. Thoroughly stir fry.
- Add chopped garlic and stir-fry to aromatic fragrance.
- Add chopped pickled chili peppers and thoroughly stir fry.
- Add chili douban sauce and briefly stir fry.
- Add 200ml of water and switch to high heat.
- Add black vinegar and sugar into the mixture.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Continuously scrape the bottom to prevent burn.
- Reduce until a thick consistency and remove from heat.
- Transfer to a jar and let it cool down at room temperature before storing in the refrigerator.