What are the Elements to take note?
Instead, in Chinese restaurants in China, not a drop of water is added for this vegetable dish. Why?
Because salt is added, and salt would draw the water content out of the cauliflower. While moisture content is reduced from the cauliflower, this makes the cauliflower becomes more crunchy and slightly chewy, which makes the texture so great!
Author have a say…
Yes, Cauliflower Stir Fry is one of my favorite side dishes whenever I visit China. They are almost available everywhere. 干锅花菜 pronounced as gān guō huā cài, literally means “dry pot“ cauliflower because there is no water added to cook the cauliflower. In a big Chinese restaurant, the cauliflower is quick-fried to hasten the cooking process, given that they have a large amount of frying oil where it is not usual practices for regular home cooks. So here I slightly modify the cooking method to suits the common practices of most home cooks!
Source : Baidu
Stir Fry Cauliflower Easy Chinese Recipe
- 1/2 pcs Cauliflower
- 200 g Pork Belly
- 1 head Garlic
- 1 handful Dried Chili
- 1 pcs Red Capsicum
- 1 pcs Orange Capsicum
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
This is a free content
I have to run Ads
- Clean and cut cauliflower into a spear.
- Remove pork belly skin and thinly slice them.
- Peel garlic and crush.
- For dried chili, use a strainer and shake off the dust.
- Cut red and orange capsicum into a square.
- Prepare the other ingredients.
- Preheat pan/wok with cooking oil.
- Add sliced pork belly in and shallow fry over medium heat. Fry until pork belly turns crispy.
- Remove crispy pork belly.
- Add crushed garlic and shallow fry to golden.
- Add dried chili and fry dried chili to golden.
- Add red and orange capsicum. Thoroughly stir fry.
- Add crispy pork belly.
- Add soy sauce.
- Add spear cauliflower and thoroughly stir fry.
- Add salt.
- Thoroughly stir fry then keep covered for 60 seconds.
- Repeat step (11) for approximately 10 minutes or until the cauliflower becomes soft.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- You can use other types of ingredients for the colors to replace capsicum such as broccoli, onion, or even mix with some shrimps.
*These Nutritional Values have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration
Think I did a great job? Here is how you can support me…
I am sorry that this post was not helpful for you!
Help me improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?