What do you know about Chow Mein?
Author have a say…
I really like this tri-shred or simply tri-julienne noodle back then when I was working at Guangzhou. Handmade noodles give really good texture and a combination of vinegar make this stir fry noodle absolutely delicious! Stir fry noodle is a very common dish in China, and now it is well known all over the world. This recipe here is what I have had in China, try it out and let me know if you like this too!
Source : Wiki
Chow Mein Recipe with Homemade Egg Noodle
- 200 g Egg Noodle (how to make your own egg noodle here)
- 50 g Carrot
- 80 g Red Capsicum
- 50 g Cabbage
- 20 g Onion
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 nos Egg
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
This is a free content
I have to run Ads
- For noodles, blanch in boiling water for 30 seconds. Strain and set aside.
- For the carrot, peel the skin and cut into julienne.
- For red capsicum, remove seed and cut into julienne.
- For cabbage, thinly slice cabbage to shred them.
- For the red onion, peel the skin and slice them.
- For the egg, simply whisk it.
- Prepare the other ingredients accordingly.
- Preheat the pan with cooking oil.
- At high heat, add the whisked egg into the pan and scramble the egg.
- Then add shredded cabbage and thoroughly stir fry.
- Add salt and stir fry to mix them together.
- Add julienne red capsicum and carrot and then stir fry to mix them together.
- Add blanched homemade noodles and stir fry to mix them together.
- Add vinegar and soy sauce.
- Lastly, add red onion and stir fry to mix everything evenly.
- Remove from heat.
- Plate and serve with XO Sauce!
- Add salt to cabbage will cause the moisture in the cabbage to leak. Hence shrinking the cabbage and also soften it.
- Red onion is added as the last ingredient so that the color of the red onion stays vibrant.