Who started Chili Pan Mee?
The traditional Pan Mee is served in anchovies soup with hand-pulled noodles, Chili Pan Mee, on the other hand, wasn’t part of the traditional noodle list until 1985. Kin Kin Restaurant in Chow Kit introduced their specialty Chili Pan Mee by Mr.Tan Kok Hong.
Author have a say…
Chili Pan Mee has gain popularity over the years. The most important ingredients for a bowl of delicious Chili Pan Mee lies in the minced meat, poached egg, and the chili. There is plenty of notable places in Kuala Lumpur who serve a decent bowl of Chili Pan Mee. However, I personally think the presentation is a little boring. So in this recipe, I am not only giving you good detail recipe to make yourself a delicious Chili Pan Mee but also I am incorporating some, I believe, innovative ideas of how to present this stunning dish!
Malaysian Chili Pan Mee Recipe
This is a free content
I have to run Ads
- Clean and pluck the baby spinach.
- Crush the garlic and chop.
- For the eggs, make poached eggs. (Here is how to poached egg)
- Prepare the other ingredients accordingly.
- Preheat pan/wok with cooking oil.
- Shallow fry the dried anchovies with low heat. Strain and keep aside.
- At medium-low heat, add chopped garlic into the pan and fry to golden.
- Add minced meat and thoroughly fry it.
- Add soy sauce, salt, and sugar, then fry the minced meat until dark brown color. Set aside.
- Quick blanch the baby spinach.
- Blanch 1 portion of egg noodle for 30 seconds.
- Strain the noodles and mix the noodles with a tablespoon of lard and a teaspoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare a clean plate.
- Place baby spinach at the bottom as a base layer.
- Gently twist the egg noodles and place them on top of the baby spinach.
- Follow by 2 tablespoons of minced meat.
- Then place the poached egg on top of the minced meat.
- Gently place 2 tablespoons of XO Sauce over the poached egg.
- Drizzle some thick soy sauce over in a heap and serve.