A little about Sweet Potatoes
Sweet Potato is a type of root vegetable (read about the different types of vegetables). We will be using the purple and orange-colored sweet potato. The orange variety of sweet potato is instead called a “yam” in some parts of North America, whereas Yam in Asia is very different than Sweet Potatoes.
From my experience, the best tasting sweet potatoes are crowned from Japan, they taste absolutely sweet, fragrance, and not to forget they are pretty costly too. If money is not an issue, try to opt for Japanese Sweet Potato for the best outcome of this dessert.
Author have a say…
I’ve got some request asking how to make Bubur Cha Cha. Bubur Cha Cha is relatively simple, but then I thought, why don’t I make a basic Sweet Potatoes Dessert Soup recipe and from that recipe, with a little twerk can be turned into Bubur Cha Cha, Chinese Style Sweet Potatoes Dessert or a Mix Beans Sweet Potatoes with Coconut Milk Dessert! Check out how easy it is to make this Basic Sweet Potatoes Dessert!
Source : Wiki
Sweet Potato Dessert - Basic Recipe
- 700 g Purple Sweet Potato
- 500 g Jewel Sweet Potato (Orange flesh)
- 400 g Yam
- Water ((2 part Water) : (1 part Sweet Potato & Yam))
- 1 pkt Coconut Milk
- 1 knot Pandan Leaves (optional)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 300 g Sugar
This is a free content
I have to run Ads
- Simple peel and cut them into uniform cubes. Put them in a cooking pot with water.
- Bring the water to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve on a bowl with a dash of coconut milk.