Tomato Eggs recipe is simply the combination of stir-fried tomato with scrambled eggs, you might be thinking, what’s so difficult with tomato egg right? Well, the simpler a dish is, the more technical it is to be done right.
The Key to Tomato Egg Recipe
Well, as easy as it sounds, but so many are not able to get this egg dish done right. So what are the important key element to this stir fry tomato with scrambled egg? It is the temperature! Eggs are very sensitive towards temperature, too high flame, they tend to turn out overcooked, dry, and sort of rubbery.
Things to take note
Besides the temperature factor, tomatoes tend to easily leak water as they are a water-dense ingredient. So to prevent excessive water which would cause the egg dish to soak with water as well as affecting the flavors, we will need to fry the tomato first to remove the excess water content before adding eggs. Once the eggs are added, it is now important to take extra care of controlling the temperature.
Similar Egg Dish around the World
In the Middle East, there is “Shakshouka”, which is also a main dish, not to forget in the Philipines there is “Ginisang Kamatis at Itlog”, which are usually taken during breakfast along with sandwiches or fried rice.
Author have a say…
Tomato eggs also known as stir-fry tomato with scramble egg is common main dish in China, it is super easy and the trick is to control the temperature so you gets all the silky soft layers of eggs!
Source : Wiki
Tomato Egg Recipe - Stir-Fried Tomato with Scrambled Egg
- 5 nos Egg
- 1 pcs Tomato
- 3 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 tsp Garlic (chopped)
- to taste Salt
- to taste Black Pepper
- 3 tbsp Oil
This is a free content
I have to run Ads
- Cut tomato into bite-size.
- Break the eggs into a clean bowl, lightly season with salt and whisk until all the salt has dissolved.
- To stir fry the tomato, preheat pan with 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Add chopped garlic and fry to golden.
- Then add tomato, lightly season with salt and black pepper, and stir fry over high heat until the tomato begins to dry. Put aside.
- To make the scrambled egg, preheat pan with 2 tbsp of cooking oil to low heat.
- Add whisked egg into the pan and gently push and pull the bottom layer of eggs to achieve silky scrambled eggs.
- When the eggs are about to be fully cooked, turn off the heat and add in the stir-fried tomato and fold it into the eggs.
- Add ketchup and mix them well. Serve.
*These Nutritional Values have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration
Think I did a great job? Here is how you can support me…
I am sorry that this post was not helpful for you!
Help me improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?